Today I setup the Terraced Strawberry Patch. I planted 50 strawberry plants. For some reason it didn’t occur to me that the patch would require as much soil as it needed but boy oh boy was that a feat! I had to run to the local nursery and purchase 11 bags of topsoil and I believe I’ll probably need to add about 2 more as the soil in the patch settles. That means the Patch has 11-40lb bags of topsoil or 440lbs of topsoil and I still will need to add about 80lbs more. That’s a lot of soil and I hope it pays off! The 11 empty soil bags did come in handy as a makeshift cover to protect the strawberry plants from potential cold weather.
I also planted my Dwarf Pear Tree (stick) and the Currant Bush.
My husband got home at 6pm and I was outside at exactly 6:05, in the van at 6:18 and on the way back home at 6:45. I finished up the three plantings just before dark at 8:15pm. I’m tired and I hope I’ll sleep well tonight. Hopefully the sun will make an appearance tomorrow and I can get the Dwarf Fig, the blueberry bush, the lemon tree and the house plants all potted tomorrow. Oh and I need to plant the mint plants in the window box.